- 120 points
- 2 sections
- Writing (DBQ) - 90 points (30 points questions + 10 points outline + 50 points essay)
- Multiple choice - 30 points (SE Asia political map, document based multiple choice, course content)
Through the exam, you will need to:
- Be able to analyze primary source documents, extract information, and include it in a structured response (Document Based Questions)
- Be able to apply APPARTS outline format (Document Based Questions)
- Be able to demonstrate mastery of 5 paragraph essay format (DBQ Essay)
- Be able to correctly write and format a thesis statement (including a blueprint for your essay)
- Demonstrate mastery of concepts related to urbanization and industrialization (DBQ essay)
- Include information from documents and class in your DBQ essay
- Demonstrate mastery of SE Asia political map
- Demonstrate mastery of East Asian human geography (China)
- Demonstrate mastery of SE Asian human geography
- Be able to identify and differentiate the UN, NATO, and ASEAN
- Demonstrate mastery of belief systems (Confucianism, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Islam)
- Read about the events surrounding this weekend's NATO summit in Chicago.
- Print out an article and bring it with you to class.
- Write a paragraph summary (minimum 5 sentences), including at least 3 specific facts referencing your article.
- 5 points extra credit!