|Study, Study, STUDY!!!|
- Define the following in your own words:
– Resource Curse
– Push/Pull Factors
- Name the ancient trading empire we discussed in East Africa. Describe what the empire traded. Finally, summarize how its physical location put it in a great position to trade.
- Why did North and South Africa generally develop separately from one another?
- What resources made Central Africa so valuable to European colonists?
- Who was King Leopold II? Where was he from? What was his significance to Africa?
- Identify the following people:
– Hosni Mubarak
– Muamar Gaddafi
– Rahm Emanuel
- Explain why the following countries have been in the news so much lately:
- Summarize the reasons why the United States might be interested in what happens in Egypt and Libya.
- Using the maps on p. 483, answer the following:
– Describe the relative location of the area in the Middle East that contains the most oil.
– Which areas in the Middle East are not mostly Muslim? What religions do they practice?
– Which country appears to have the highest rate of economic activity? How can you tell?
- Define “isolation”. Then, explain which two countries are isolated from the rest of the Middle East, what isolates them, and how this might affect those two countries.
- Define Apartheid. Explain which country it affected and how. Don’t forget to include information about Apartheid’s economic impact in your response!
- Define “colonization”. Then agree or disagree with the following statement: “European colonization had a positive effect on Africa.”
- What is the Suez Canal? Where is it located? What is its importance?