- Y:\Ramin World Geography\Period 1 Bibliographies
Obviously, substitute your period number in the destination folder. I have created a folder for each class.
Save the document with your last name(s) and the word "Bibliography". Example:
- Anderson Harrison -- Bibliography
In the document, start out with your heading in the upper left hand corner. Include the full name of each member of your group in the heading.
Now, you will cite and annotate the different sources you have looked at over the past two weeks in the lab and in the LRC. The information you have compiled on your country will prepare you to start our Africa project. We have been focusing on research -- I will show you how we are going to put our research together in the lab on Friday.
You should, at this point, have information in your notebook or in an e-mail you sent me related to approximately 5 sources. These are listed and linked below:
- Your book source from the LRC
- Your news sources from today
- Gale Student Resources in Context
- The CIA World Factbook
- The Wildlife Conservation Society
You will have the opportunity to find information from different sources, but this is enough for us to use now.
In your new MS Word document, properly cite the sources you have already completed. The example below is from the Worldmark Encyclopedia, which can be accessed through the Student Resources in Context. All of your citations should look approximately like this. Obviously, book sources do not need to include the url.
"Algeria." Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations Online. Detroit: U*X*L, 2009. Gale
Student Resources In Context. Web. 26 Jan. 2011.
Notice that the second line of the citation is indented. Each citation should look like this.
- A brief summary of topic you used the source to research
- General information you took from the source
- Specific examples of information you will use from the source
- An evaluation of the site's usefulness.
A rough draft of your annotations must be saved to the correct folder on the Y: drive before the end of the period. It is worth a total of 20 points.